Lifescripts patient brochure
Want to get more life out of life? You can do something positive today.
. Clinical templates
. General practice resources
.. Patient brochure
.. Waiting room poster
.. Waiting room checklist
.. Generic methodology card
.. Smoking methodology card
.. Alcohol methodology card
.. Nutrition & weight management methodology card
.. Physical activity methodology card
.. Practice manual
.. References from practice manual
. Pregnancy resources
. Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander resources
. Translated resources
. Divisions of general practice resources
. Order forms
Lifescripts patient brochure: Want to get more out of life? You can do something positive today (PDF 141 KB)
Hard copies of this document can be ordered from National Mailing and Marketing - see Lifescripts order forms.
Html version of Lifescripts patient brochureEveryone can make the most of life.
Everyone can benefit from a healthier lifestyle.
A healthy lifestyle can lower your risk for some serious long-term diseases.
- If you quit smoking now, you can breathe more freely, feel healthier and also reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke and lung cancer.
- Eating enough fruit and vegetables lowers your risk of cancer and heart disease. With the right advice, you can eat for health.
- Most of us enjoy an alcohol drink within limits, but binge-drinking or regular heavy drinking can cause ill health, accidents and personal problems. With the right advice, most people can enjoy alcohol in moderation.
- Just 30 minutes of moderate physical activity per day reduces the risk of heart disease, diabetes, stroke, mental illness and obesity.
- Achieving and maintaining a healthy weight lowers your risk for diabetes, heart disease and other common long-term illnesses.
Your doctor and practice staff can support you by:
- checking your lifestyle for health risks
- giving you personalised advice on how to reduce your risk of illness by making some healthy changes
- providing you with practical advice to help you improve your health
- putting you in touch with expert advice, information and support.
I would like some advice about healthy living.
Top of page
Text version of cardPlease tick one or more options
- I'd like to quit smoking
- I'd like help to choose healthier foods
- I'd like to talk to the doctor about alcohol use
- I'd like to become more active
- I'd like help to manage my weight
- I would like to know more. Please contact me with more information about available lifestyle advice services or programs.
- I don't want to talk about this now, but please record that I would like to talk to the doctor about this in the future.
Phone: (fill in your phone number)
This practice is participating in Lifescripts, a national program for a healthier you. Ask us about advice for healthy living.
Page last reviewed: 18 March 2011
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.