Aged Care eConnect
Virtual Visiting Resource Kit
The Virtual Visiting Resource Kit has been developed to assist residential aged care facilities to design and deliver a virtual visiting program.
Aged care virtual visiting programs aim to improve the quality of residents’ lives through increased contact with family and friends. For those who have lost the ability to speak or write following a stroke or other illness, virtual visiting can provide an important means of communication with families and friends who are unable to regularly visit them due to distance.
The Virtual Visiting Resource Kit is based on materials developed by Western District Health Service, Victoria, and funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing.
The kit includes information to assist residential aged care facilities with:
- marketing a virtual visiting program;
- developing virtual visiting policies and procedures;
- understanding the equipment requirements for virtual visiting;
- helping families to participate in virtual visiting; and
- engaging staff and volunteers to assist with operating a virtual visiting program.
- the rationale for, and benefits of, virtual visits in aged care facilities;
- the technological requirements for virtual visits; and
- how to start up a virtual visiting program in your aged care facility.
The materials in the kit can be tailored to suit your organisation’s individual approach to virtual visiting, by downloading the documents below.
Appendix A Participating Families Setup Guide
Appendix B Promotional Flyer
Appendix C Presentation to Community
Appendix D Volunteer Applicatiion Form
Appendix E Police Checks for Aged Care Workers and Volunteers
Appendix F Volunteer Application Form
Appendix G Staff and Volunteer Manual
Appendix H Booking Sheet
Creative Commons LicenceThis work is copyright and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia (By Attribution) licence, a copy of which is available from: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/au/.
By exercising any rights granted to you under the above licence, you will have accepted, and have agreed to be legally bound by, the terms and conditions contained In the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia (By Attribution) licence.
Notice RequirementsWhen exercising any rights granted to you under the above Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia (By Attribution) licence, you must keep intact the above copyright and disclaimer notices.
- This document must be attributed as ‘Virtual Visiting – Keeping Connected: A Resource Kit for Residential Aged Care Facilities’.
Top of page
- Delivering More Aged Care Places For Eastern Melbourne
- Christmas message – remember to check in on your elderly relatives and neighbours
- Better HealthCare Connections: Aged Care Multidisciplinary Care Coordination and Advisory Service Program
- Better Health Care Connections: Models for Short Term, More Intensive Health Care for Aged Care Recipients Program
- Encouraging Better Practice in Aged Care (EBPAC)
- Better Oral Health in Residential Care training
- ACFI User Guide
- 2012 National Aged Care Workforce Census and Survey – The Aged Care Workforce, 2012 – Final Report
- Australian Government Directory of Services for Older People 2012/13
- Interim Evaluation of the Northern Territory Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Aged Care Workforce Development Projects
- Consumer Directed Care Evaluation