Department of Health and Ageing (DoHA) - Medicare Australia Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
Medicare Australia delivers a significant number of programs for DoHA, including payment of medical, pharmaceutical and aged care benefits.
To satisfy accountability requirements for expending and reporting on Departmental resources DoHA and Medicare Australia have jointly developed a MoU as an appropriate form of agreement between the two agencies. The MoU provides clarity about the respective roles and responsibilities of the two agencies.
The DoHA - Medicare Australia MoU - large file download (PDF 2495 KB) includes six protocols as schedules. These protocols are:
- Budget Consultation;
- Information Management and Release;
- Legislation Consultation;
- Parliamentary and Ministerial Coordination;
- Policy and Legislative Interpretation; and
- Program Integrity and Risk Management.
If you have any problems downloading the PDF document please contact DoHAMedicareAustraliaMOU@health.gov.au
- Expanded Medicare Healthy Kids Check
- Medical Benefits Reviews Task Group
- Better Access to Psychiatrists, Psychologists and General Practitioners through the MBS (Better Access) initiative
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.