- This enterprise agreement is made under section 172 of the Fair Work Act 2009 (FW Act) and will be known as the ‘Department of Health Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019’ (the Agreement).
- The Agreement covers:
- the Secretary of the department, on behalf of the Commonwealth, and
- all non-Senior Executive Service (SES) departmental employees.
- The Agreement will come into effect seven days after approval of the Agreement by the Fair Work Commission and will nominally expire three years after the commencement date.
- The Secretary may in writing delegate to, or authorise any person to perform, any of the Secretary’s powers or functions under the Agreement, including the power of delegation, and may do so subject to conditions.
- Any authorised policies or procedures referred to in the Agreement are not incorporated into, and do not form part of, the Agreement. If there is any inconsistency between the terms of the Agreement and the policies and procedures, the terms of the Agreement will prevail.