National Competition Policy Review of Pharmacy Legislation - Preliminary Report
The Review was given the task under the National Competition Policy to examine collectively specified Commonwealth, State and Territory legislation. It was asked particularly to assess effects of that legislation on competition in the regulatory areas of the ownership of pharmacies, the location of pharmacies for the purposes of the Commonwealth Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, and the registration of pharmacists.
The Preliminary Report was publicly released by the Council of Australian Governments on 24 November 1999. It contains the Review’s initial response to its Terms of Reference after receiving public submissions and conducting consultations with stakeholders and other members of the community.
National Competition Policy Review of Pharmacy - Preliminary Report (PDF 219 KB)
If you are unable to access the document listed please send an email to email@example.com for a copy to be sent to you.
- Remuneration and claims system for approved pharmacists and approved hospital authorities supplying under the Remote Aboriginal Health Program under section 100 of the National Health Act 1953 (the Act):
- Rural Pharmacy Workforce Program
- Mental Health Council of Australia
- Rural Pharmacy Scholarship Scheme
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.