Rent or other benefits may, in certain circumstances, breach the prohibited practices provisions of the Health Insurance Act 1973 . Those provisions prohibit the offer or acceptance of benefits that would be reasonably likely to induce a requester of pathology services to request those services from a provider.Concerns which relate to the use or occupation of pathology approved collection premises can be made by:
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- calling the Pathology Rents Section on 02 6289 7591
Indications of suspected inappropriate practices may include:
- extremes in rent paid
- inducements associated with rental agreements
- inducements offered to providers of pathology services or requestors of these services
- vacant or unused rented space for the use of pathology services within 60 days of the lease agreement.