Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Management of Overweight and Obesity: a Guide for General Practitioners
NHMRC Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Management of Overweight and Obesity - General Practitioner's guide
There are 3 components to this publication aimed at adults, adolescents and practitioners.
To order this publication, send an email to the Department's mailing house.
Additional information on ordering publications.
- Overweight and Obesity in Adults: A guide for General Practitioners - updated 17 March 2004 (PDF 618 KB)
- Weight Management Plan for Adults (PDF 57 KB)
Children and Adolescents
- Overweight and Obesity in Children and Adolescents: A guide for General Practitioners (PDF 824 KB)
- Weight Management Plan for Children and Adolescents (PDF 72 KB)
If you are having difficulty downloading the PDF document(s) please email email@example.com and we will arrange for an alternative format or a copy to be sent to you.
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.