My Life, My Lead - Implementation Plan Advisory Group (IPAG) Consultation 2017
Online submission extended - now closing on Friday 5 May 2017
You can have your say in helping to shape the next Implementation Plan for the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Health Plan 2013-2023, by taking part in the IPAG Consultation 2017.
Table of contents
Membership of IPAG includes representatives of the NHLF, the National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation, the Department of Health and the Prime Minister and Cabinet, the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Standing Committee (NATSIHSC) of the Australian Health Ministers Advisory Council (AHMAC) and the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Indigenous experts on early childhood primary and acute care are also represented. Members agreed the social and cultural determinants of health are a key priority for action in the development of the next iteration of the Implementation Plan.
Terms of Reference
The roles and responsibilities are set out in the IPAG's Terms of Reference.
- Ms Bobbi Campbell - Co-Chair IPAG, First Assistant Secretary, Indigenous Health Division, Department of Health
- Mr Richard Weston - Co-Chair IPAG, CEO Healing Foundation, Chair of the National Health Leadership Forum (NHLF)
- Ms Pat Turner - Member IPAG, CEO National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation.
- Mr Pedro Stephen - Member IPAG, Chair of the Torres Strait Regional Authority (TSRA)
- Ms Donna Ah Chee - Member IPAG, Indigenous Early Childhood Expert, CEO Central Australian Aboriginal Congress
- Dr Mark Wenitong - Member IPAG, Indigenous Acute Care Expert, Senior Medical Officer, Apunipima – Cape York Health Council
- Ms Julie Tongs - Member IPAG, Indigenous Primary Health Care Expert, CEO Winnunga Nimmityjah Aboriginal Health Service
- Ms Kate Wallace - Member IPAG, Assistant Secretary, Health Programmes and Sector Development Branch, Department of Health
- Mr Brendan Gibson - Member IPAG, Assistant Secretary, Community Safety and Policy Division, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Ms Danielle Aeuckens - Member IPAG, Senior Adviser, Health Branch, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Dr Fadwa Al-Yaman - Member IPAG, Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, Head of Indigenous and Children's Group
- Ms Tanya McGregor - Member IPAG, Chair of the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Standing Committee (NATSIHSC)
- Ms Wendy Casey - Member IPAG, Deputy Chair of the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Standing Committee (NATSIHSC)
- 16 September 2016
- 2 December 2016
- 28 February 2017
IPAG meeting dates for the remainder of 2017 will be made available following the February meeting.
- Government invests a further $190 million in health and medical research including $10.6 million to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health research
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Performance Framework 2014 Report
- Cultural Respect Framework 2016-2026
- National Framework for Health Services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children and Families
For further information, please contact the IPAG.Secretariat@health.gov.au.