2002 Reviews of the National HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C Strategies and Strategic Research
In February 2002, Senator the Hon Kay Patterson, the Commonwealth Minister for Health and Ageing, requested independent reviews of the National HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C Strategies to be undertaken concurrently with the quinquennial reviews of the NationalCentres in HIV Research.
Published by Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing 2003
Australian Government Response to the 2002 Reviews is also available online
In 2002 the then Minister for Health and Ageing, Senator The Hon Kay Patterson, requested independent reviews of the National HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C Strategies to be undertaken concurrently with the quinquennial reviews of the National Centres in HIV Research. The reviews were conducted through a single process, led by an overarching 'Lead Review Team' chaired by Professor Andrew Wilson. Small review panels were appointed to work on each of the specific review exercises. In broad terms, the Review Teams were asked to assess the extent to which the Strategies recommendations and guiding principles have been implemented or adopted and their appropriateness; and to provide advice that will inform the next phase of Australia's response to HIV/AIDS and hepatitis C. Each Review Panel prepared an individual Report and these have been published together as separate chapters.
- Consolidated Document (PDF 1215 KB)
- Part 1- Review of the National HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C Strategies: Report of the Lead Review Team, A Journey Well Started but not Finished (PDF 316 KB)
- Part 2- Review of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy 1999-2000 to 2003-04 Getting Back on Track ... Revitalising Australia's Response to HIV/AIDS (PDF 313 KB)
- Part 3 - Review of the National Hepatitis C Strategy 1999-2000 to 2003-04, The Road not Taken (PDF 395 KB)
- Part 4- 2002 Review of Strategic HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C and Indigenous Sexual Health Research and the National and Collaborating Centres in HIV Research (PDF 283 KB)
- Part 5- 2002 Quinquennial Review of the National Centre in HIV Virology Research (PDF 214 KB)
- Part 6- 2002 Quinquennial Review of the National Centre in HIV Social Research and the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (PDF 215 KB)
- Part 7- 2002 Quinquennial Review of the National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research (PDF 248 KB)
- Part 8- Recommendations (PDF 203 KB)
- Part 9- Glossary (PDF 141 KB)
- Part 10- Abbreviations (PDF 122 KB)
When accessing large documents (over 500 KB in size), it is recommended that the following procedure be used:
- Click the link with the RIGHT mouse button
- Choose "Save Target As.../Save Link As..." depending on your browser
- Select an appropriate folder on a local drive to place the downloaded file
Attempting to open large documents within the browser window (by left-clicking)
may inhibit your ability to continue browsing while the document is
opening and/or lead to system problems.
To view PDF (Portable Document Format) documents, you will need to have a PDF reader installed on your computer. A number of PDF readers are available through the Australian Government Information Management Office (AGIMO) Web Guide website.