Some of these benefits are:
- A variety of challenging work
- Opportunities for career progression
- Buddy and mentoring opportunities
- Leadership and people management training available
- Access to elective training courses
- Flexible work conditions
- Work/life balance and social networking opportunities
- Friendly and diverse work environment
- Relocation assistance
- Gym membership discounts
- A guaranteed APS4-level position upon successful completion of the Graduate Development Program
- Leave entitlements in accordance with the department’s Enterprise Agreement 2016-19.
Salary and ConditionsGraduates are engaged as a full-time ongoing APS employee under the Public Service Act 1999 as an APS3 equivalent with a starting salary of $60,161. On successful completion of the program, graduates will advance to an APS4 with an ongoing salary of $68,160. Graduates’ remuneration, employment terms and conditions are outlined in the Health Enterprise Agreement 2016-19..
Learning and development (L&D)A comprehensive training and development program will teach you how government works and develop your skills for a successful career in the Australian Public Service (APS). You must attend all mandatory training events in order to successfully complete the Graduate Development Program.
The Health Graduate Development Program comprises a number of mandatory training days during the program. All courses and development opportunities aim to prepare our graduates for the challenges they will face during their careers in the APS.
In addition to the mandatory training, all graduates have the opportunity to attend the whole-of-APS sessions for graduates run by the Australian Public Service Commission (APSC). These sessions include an introduction to government, the Grad Hack and advice from high profile and senior executive staff (SES), who were once graduates themselves.
Finally, extensive on-the-job training will be provided to graduates to ensure that graduates are able to realise and meet their full potential.