The fund has overarching guidelines detailing how it will operate. These were last updated in January 2014.
Fund objectivesThe objective of the fund is to support targeted action related to chronic disease prevention and service improvement, particularly within the primary care and community sectors to:
- Reduce the incidence of preventable mortality and morbidity
- Maximise the wellbeing and quality of life of individuals affected by chronic disease from initial diagnosis to end of life
- Reduce the pressure on the health and hospital system including aged care and
- Support best practice in the prevention, detection, treatment and management of chronic disease.
Fund priority areasThe following priority areas were identified to achieve the fund's objectives and translate its key principles into practice:
- Prevention across the continuum
- Early detection and appropriate treatment
- Integration and continuity of prevention and care and
- Self management.
Page last reviewed: 12 August 2014