Arbovirus and malaria surveillance
Welcome to the Australian Government Arbovirus and Malaria Surveillance Website - an initiative of the National Arbovirus and Malaria Advisory Committee (NAMAC)
This website is a joint Australian Government, State and Territory initiative, which has been created to assist health authorities in the reduction of arboviral and malarial diseases by:
- rapid and greater dissemination of national arbovirus and malaria surveillance data;
- transfer of interpretations of these data and support information between health authorities;
- aiding early recognition of unusual mosquito, arbovirus and malaria activity;
- provide access for the general public to arbovirus and malaria surveillance information; and
- increasing public awareness of the potential mosquito-borne disease risks in their region.